Bookseller & Publisher reports today that the shortlists for this year’s Davitt Awards, presented by Sisters in Crime Australia for crime books written by Australian women, have been announced.
The shortlisted titles in the Adult fiction category are:
- A DECLINE IN PROPHETS, Sulari Gentill
- BEYOND FEAR, Jaye Ford
- DEATH AND THE SPANISH LADY, Carolyn Morwood
- LOVE, HONOUR & O’BRIEN, Jennifer Rowe
- THE COURIER’S NEW BICYCLE, Kim Westwood
- SHATTERED SKY, Helene Young
Having read only half of the shortlisted novels I’m probably not qualified to pass comment on which of these should win the award but of those I have read I would vote for Sulari Gentill’s A DECLINE IN PROPHETS but I will try to read the remaining titles before the awards are announce on 1 September.
Congratulations to all the shortlisted authors.